Wednesday, October 21, 2009

The Group f64


I shot a pepper as sharp-focused as possible and carefully framed it like the f 64 photographers.

I like the ways that Imogen Cunningham and Edward Weston transformed ordinary plants and flowers to fine art.I tried to imitate the way they did. I chose a pepper and used black background. I shot it at maximum depth of filed and simply framed the subject.Well, it is still a photograph of pepper, but not art yet.I realized the f64 photographers chose their subjects carefully ,playing with lighting and discovered perfect framing. The result is they made prominent images.

2 comments:

  1. This looks like something that Edward Weston would do with its emphasis on the form of the pepper. The black background seems to extend the tonal range. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very close to some of Weston's work. Well done!

    ReplyDelete